My Focus & Time
I’m a writer. Right now, 90% of my time is spent on different aspects of my podcast Lore. If you want a deeper breakdown of that time, read on.
Areas of Focus
- Lore takes up the overwhelming majority of my time now, and fully supports my family as a full-time source of income.
- I still record weekly episodes of Home Work with my good friend Dave. Season 2 is planned for a February 2016 release with 10 new episodes on one big topic.
- I’m currently planning out the sequel to Grave Suspicion, and hope to begin this winter. I also have some short story ideas, but not enough time as I’d like for that just yet.
- Note: there’s zero design work this chart. If new work does come along (as it does occasionally), I will work with other designers to meet those clients’ needs.
- Creating content for my podcast Lore takes upmost of my time right now, between research, writing, and audio production.
- Depending on the time of the month, the business side of Lore (sponsorship management, merchandise sales and shipping, billing, and promotion) takes up a decent amount of my week.
- The fan mail and media requests take up the remaining chunk of my time, spanning dozens of daily emails, frequent interviews, and the occasional physical post card.
- Secret Project #1 is well under way, but I can’t tell you about that yet.
- Secret Project #2 is also well under way, but — like Secret Project #1 — I can’t talk about it either. Yet.